Sick

I must have swallowed some of the water during the Carnival warfare earlier in the week, because last night was not very good at all.  My guts were all messed up and I had a fever shoot way up.  I can tell you its very strange to be in a place that is 30 degrees and feel absolutely freezing cold.  Luckily, Melody brought most of a pharmacy with her, so I took a wonderful cocktail of medications before bed last night and feel much better today.  I kept my food intake fairly basic today with a lot of toast and not much else and think I will be back to my normal self by morning.

Today was spent finalizing notes for class which starts full time tomorrow, doing homework with the kids and of course going to pick up my new glasses.  The kids also spent a fair amount of time outside today looking for snails which they caught and put in a plastic Fanta bottle.

On the way to pick up my glasses downtown, I took a couple of pictures that I found interesting.  The first one is of billboards for Canada.  The translated words are Canada, your door to the future.  Its not actually advertisements paid by our government, but its an ad for a company that fills out the immigration papers to try to get you into Canada as an immigrant.

Bolivians as a culture, seem to feel that "American" goods like clothes etc are the best so they very often will label something as American.  This picture is of a wall that had this same thing painted about 5 times all the way down the wall.  Its an ad for latex paint.

There are restaurants called American, mechanic shops called American and even things like Farmacia American (American Pharmacy).  These places are no different than their competitors except they like to add the name American to their business.

Now, since you have all waited so long, here are my new glasses.  Thanks to Lukas for taking the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better, Ron, really enjoy reading the blog posts!! Take care, praying often for you guys! And are driving by your house this weekend to hockey, so thinking extra about you all!! ;) have a super day!!!! :) - Carissa

Post a Comment